Friday 16 September 2011

A tribute to my mom

I'm going to start off this post with the sentence. I LOVE MY MOM. After my heavenly father, God, my mom is the main reason I'm where I am today. Being the last of four kids, one would expect a mother to spoil her child with gifts of the world, but my mom didn't. She gave me a little and showed me how to get the rest. Isn't she an angel?


When I went off the right trail, she brought me back again. She's always believed in me and till date she believes in my writing. I know the cliche stigma about how children love their mothers, but mine is quite different. I have seen so many families and how kids' mothers treat them. It's really appalling. Some mothers spend all their money in buying jewelries to beautify themselves, but my mom prefers to go naked just to make her children comfortable. To her, our happiness/success is all she needs in life.



Even when my dad didn't agree with certain decisions we made, my mom would try her best to back us up both financially and psychologically. then when my father sees our decisions are fruitful, he would join my mom to support us. He's awesome as well.



Even in death, nothing would separate me from my mom. She lives within me wherever I go and whatever I do. Tear drops trickle down my cheeks as i reminisce about all she has done for me. My only hope is that she lives to reap the fruits of her labor. (By God's grace)



Lastly, I'll end this post by adding a very special quote by me. "Unlike most celebrations: Christmas, Birthdays etc., I celebrate Mother's day everyday of my life because without my mom, I wouldn't be me"

5 comments:

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

beautiful Kelvin! i'm blessed to hear this...

Unknown said...

Thanks Faith. I appreciate it.

Khloë Kamalis said...

Great and giving blog. Mother's are a blessing. I'm the youngest too and 6 years ago my mother's kidneys failed and she found out she had something called venous stasis. My dad had a heart attack resulting in quadruple by-pass surgery a year after that. Well to make a long story short. My dad is now back to work and I take care of my mom, who can no longer walk, but CAN scoot into her wheelchair. By the grace of GOD I still have my mother and dad. She has given soooooo much to me in her wisdom and grace. I am her caretaker and she in return has always been mine. She always encourages me and gives me the most wonderful advice. So I understand what you are saying. We are both blessed Kelvin and every time I pray (which is not just at night when I sleep ha ha) I will say one for you and your family. You have a beautiful, productive and blessed day. Write ON!! 8-)

Unknown said...

Aw, this is the most touching thing someone has ever said to me :) I'd always remember you as well :)

Anonymous said...

Kelvin,dis is beautiful,ur mom wd b proud to hv u as a son. Thumbs up

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...