Friday 10 June 2011

The story behind my new release, LS: The Beginning

Hiya everyone,

I made a covenant with myself to tell the world the story behind the books I release, starting from LS: The Beginning. There's little to tell, but as a writer I'd like to expatiate. By the way, I just released a book trailer for LS: The Beginning, check it out HERE

It all started during the last few months of 2009. I wanted to write a book for the girl I loved, expressing and showing my feelings the best way I could - via writing. Now this is the funny bit. When I got to the fourth chapter of the book, I was tired and worn out of writing a romance scene on each chapter. So, it took me over a week to think about what to do with the book. Then I watched the first instalment of the Twilight Saga, and it inspired me to turn the book into a fiction one. I began creating an outline for the book. Wait a minute, I still have the paper I used to outline the book. This is it.

If you can see, I had only nineteen chapters then. But after re-writing over the years, it's now twenty-two chapters - 3 extra chapters.

Also, I changed the form of writing chapter titles. For example, the first chapter was once, "ARRIVAL". After the numerous edits, it's now "The Day I Arrived", and I did the same thing for the subsequent chapters.

I wrote the first draft of this book in 3 months. During those months, I was really stressed out. First of all, I was going to the university/college, and I had a pa rt-time job, couple with the writing everyday. It was really hectic.
Like most writers, I envisioned my book being adapted to the big screen, and this helped me in creating the scenes. There were few things I got from my life and added it onto the story. For example, when the male MC, Stephen, wishes the female MC, Lisa, a happy birthday. But because they share the same day of birth, she responds "Same to you". This is exactly what the girl I loved told me any time I wished her a happy birthday. So I added that to the book.

Getting the book ready for release wasn't an easy task. I received so many feedbacks from critiques and professionals, and so I was confused on what to change and what to keep in place. Luckily, I sailed through.

In all, I enjoyed writing this book, and I'll enjoy writing the sequel more. Oops I just spilled out. Although, there might not be any sequel. The only way to know that is to get a copy on Amazon Kindle store and read the book. Below are the various links were you can buy the book.


Thanks for reading everyone.
Kelvin

Sorry I'd forgotten about this little detail. As an indie author, I am my own brand, or at least I think I am. So, I decided to create my own logo. However this logo may only be found in the print version of my book, which will be available very soon. Take a look at this. By the way, I made it :)




5 comments:

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Interesting story behind the story. We just never know how our writing will turn our. That, to me, is part of the fun of writing. Congratulations and best wishes to you.

Unknown said...

Thanks Beverly. Thanks for reading as well, and checking out my blog

Suzy, The Grey Brunette said...

Great stuff, Kelvin! And I love the book trailer... gorgeous!

Suzy, The Grey Brunette said...

In fact... I loved the trailer so much that I've just bought the book for my kindle!! It will take me a while to read it as I have so many I've promised to read first but I will leave a review everywhere for you! : )

Unknown said...

Aw, thanks Suzy. I really appreciate it. I'm glad you liked the trailer :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...