Wednesday 10 October 2012

"I saw a picture of a guy on your dp on blackberry," I said.

She sighed. "He's my ex, don't worry about it."

"Are you sure? I mean, I know all about the ex-boyfriend issues."
"What about them?" She rolled her eyes. I could tell she was getting frustrated, so I changed the subject and tried to make her smile. And she did. That smile: those flushed cheeks, those juicy lips. I could do almost anything just to make her happy. 

And she knew that. The first mistake.

"I don't understand why you don't want to be my girl, you don't fancy me?" I said.

"No, I do. It's not you, it's ME," she replied. "I don't want a boyfriend at the moment."

"Is it because of your ex?"

"NO. I broke up with him before he went into prison."

"Oh, okay. I hope you change your mind very soon," I said, drawing her closer to me.

"I hope so too." And we kissed.

It's over six months now, and still no relationship. I believe a girl knows if she wants to be with a guy within the first month of being with that guy. Six months!!! That's just death sentence. I was losing hope, and most importantly, I was losing confidence. 

On a sunny day, I sent her a message via blackberry, but she didn't reply or even read it. I was heading towards her city for an interview, so I wanted to let her know I would stop over at hers. After a few attempts to get in touch with her, I gave up and went for the interview. Afterwards, I decided to stop by her house to check if everything was okay.

"Hey Kelvin," her younger brother greeted. He was outside playing with his mate. I carried him up in my arms and tossed him in the air. He loved that. 

"Is Cathy home?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. I saw her with bulls, but I think he's gone," he said.

"Oh, okay. I'll go say hi then," I said, smiling. I couldn't express my anger in front of the little boy. 

I entered the house and went up to her room. As I opened the door, I found her beneath the sheets with her supposedly ex-boyfriend, who I thought was still in prison. Apparently, he was out and with the view in front of me, he was back. 

I lost someone I cared about. Have you? 

LS: The Beginning is now edited and FREE on Amazon. Get a copy. Thanks.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...