Sunday 15 May 2011

B for Barcelona football club


From a very young age, I have supported the famous Football/Soccer club, FC Barcelona. It's a Spanish football club suited in Barcelona. From the days of Rivaldo to the days of Lionel Messi, I have been a loyal fan of the club. So when it came to the letter "B" this was the only word I could think of.



Not only do they win trophies and games, they play excellently well, entertaining their fans and mostly - enemies as well. Presently coached by Pep Guardiola, Barcelona has become one of the greatest football clubs in the world. They have over 10 European cups, 21 La-Liga titles and 25 Spanish cups. They have never been relegated in history. Indeed, they are simply brilliant.

I love their game play, and how they move with the ball. Even though they lose a match, I still enjoyed how they played. I began liking their game play the moment they signed Ronaldinho. the Brazilian mid-fielder. Then I fell in love with the club the moment they signed Lionel Messi, the Argentine supporting striker. These two players brought out the best in the club. Ronaldinho helped them to win the UEFA Champions League in 2006, while Lionel Messi helped them to win the same title in 2009. scoring the second and finishing goal in the second half.

Barcelona brings out the best in players as well. If you take a look at all the Fifa World Best Football Player till date, most of them where in Barcelona during the time they won the title. Also, in the present competition, Barcelona broke history by having the first three positions of the Fifa World Player of the Year filled with their players alone. What can I say? They are awesome.

I know this post has been a bit one-sided, but I just wanted to share with you all my interest in sports. So the question for the week is:



What is your favorite sport, and what club/team do you support?





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...