Wednesday 4 May 2011

Fast & Furious Five ... my review

Released on April 29 2011, Fast & Furious Five also known as Fast Five is the fifth in the Fast and Furious franchise, starring Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Chris "Ludachris" Bridges, Matt Schulze, Sung Kang - amongst others.

Firstly, I read that the events in the film was carried out between Fast and the Furious: Tokyo drift and Fast and Furious. I really don't get that though, but yeah, thought you all might want to know. So far it's been doing well in the box office, but here's my personal review.

Three words. I loved it. Yeah, I really loved almost everything about it and I'd let you know why as we go along. For everyone's sake I won't do too much of the name calling. I guess their first name''s enough. So the film kicked off with former FBI agent, Brian and his girlfriend Mia staging an attack on a prison transport which held Dominic, Mia's brother. I liked this bit of the film.

Soon, I got to see Dwayne Johnson as Luke Hobbs. I liked his first scene with the sarcastic comment he issued to the police officer about the lady's smile. There's something unique and good about this film. At the starting the actor and villain were both popular actors, and this is very intriguing. Who're the writer's going to kill off. The popular wrestler and actor, Dwayne Johnson or the popular actor, Vin Diesel. Very interesting, Then, the shooting began as Luke and his men tracked down the two wanted men, Brian and Dominic. Right then, I noticed something about this film. They chose to act it in Rio, Brazil. Why? Was it because "The Expendables" was shot in Brazil as well, with the jumping of roof tops and all that. I kinda let that slide and continued to enjoy the film.

I liked when Dom and Brian form a team of experts to get do away with the dealer's money. As Tyrese, aka Roman in the film heard about the plan he opted out immediately, but hearing the amount of money to be made, he retraced his steps..LOL. There were some moments I'd have loved to see, like how they won the blue car. Maybe they'd cut it off :( Also, I was expecting Mia to react due to the baby in her. Although she did at first, but she seemed normal throughout the remaining scenes.

Then the best part of all, the ending. After forming an alliance with Luke, Dom and his team attach THE POLICE STATION, and took away the vault. That scene must have cost a lot. Too many damages were occurred, but I guess I've paid for them by watching the movie at the cinema...LOL. At that moment, I was seating at the edge of my chair, clenching my teeth in suspense. Was Dom really going to die? Gladly, he didn't and Luke ended up killing the dealer, after all his team mates had been killed. Sadly, Vince had to die, but hey, someone's gotta die considering what they were doing.

The con at the end of the movie was unexpected, and I loved it. Although, I had seen the duplicate vault earlier on, but my mind had drifted from it while focusing on the rest of the movie. The team split the money between them and departed to enjoy their lives. It was more of a fairy tale.

All in all, I enjoyed watching this movie. It deserves the hype it's given.

Rating: 4/5

What did you think of the movie? Please leave your comments below.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...