Friday 15 April 2011

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1...My review

This is my second attempt on writing a personal review on the movies I watched and loved. Okay, here goes...

Released on 19 November 2010 on IMAX formats, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 is the second to the last film of the Harry Potter series, which are adapted from novels written by J. K. Rowling.


Firstly, I am going to stress the point that I am a huge Harry Potter fan, so this review will be more of praises than harsh critiques. However, I will try my very best not to sound too bias. If you haven't watched the previous series of Harry Potter, feel free to request for a review on each film. I hope I won't miss anything out while giving this review. There are so many aspects to cover. Thank goodness the movie is broken into two halves.


The film started with Severus Snape arriving at the Malfoy's residence, where Lord Voldermolt and his death eaters were gathering. He was treated specially due to the death of Professor Dumbledore. The movie seemed darker than the rest series. I really loved that.


I felt a bit sad when Hermione wiped out her parents' memories with her magic spell and headed to Harry's. Ron left his place as well to Harry's. Ron, Hermione and the rest order of the phoenix arrived at Harry's place, meeting him as the sole occupant. I really enjoyed that scene, where they took in the polyjuice potion.


The journey to the Weasley's was one of the best action scenes in this movie. I felt Harry didn't really perform well in the part where his wand acted on its own accord. Again, that's just my own opinion. I didn't really like the way they apparated. The produces should have created an eye catching sequence of their apparation. Still, I guess they wanted to make it (disappearing) their own.


Frankly, I felt the first few scenes of the movie were really compelling. Even though I'd read the book, I stopped nibbling my popcorn and focused on the movie till I got to the scene where they were in the Black's house. By the way, I loved the bit where a ghost thing of Dumbledore was approaching the three friends in a very fast pace. I felt exactly what they were feeling. Good Job to the producer.


The next few scenes were more of the drama side of the film and most people would probably relax and eat their popcorn, hotdogs or perhaps, nachos.


When Harry, Ron and Hermione found about the location of the necklace, they were forced to go to the Ministry of Magic to retrieve it. Again, they used polyjuice potion to dress like fellow employees in the Ministry. This was the gazillion time they'd drunk that bitter liquid....I don't think I can do that. Anyways, the escapade to the Ministry of Magic came out successful but at a price... Ron injured and their only form of shelter abandoned...

This is really becoming a long review. I'm going to stop here and continue in the next post.


Kelvin

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...